Aside from the popular international money transfer agencies (like Western Union, MoneyGram etc.), not a lot of people who send and receive funds from international sources know about Ria money transfer.
With over 30 years in the industry and with a presence in over 137 countries including Nigeria, Ria is one of the biggest money transfer agencies in the world. But does Zenith Bank do or support Ria money transfer? This question and more are what will be answered in this article.
Does Zenith Bank Do Ria Money Transfer?
The simple and directly answer is NO! Zenith Bank does not do or support Ria money transfer.
You can’t send or receive money through Ria money transfer with your Zenith Bank account in Nigeria. Zenith Bank supports a host of international money transfer agencies but not Ria. To see a comprehensive list of all the international money transfer agencies supported by Zenith Bank, check on the bank’s official website.
If you intend to use Ria to send or receive money from an international source, you will have to use some other Nigerian banks that support Ria money transfer which you can use:
- Access Bank
- United Bank for Africa
- Wema Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Enterprise Bank
- First Bank
- Polaris Bank
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- First City Monument Bank
- Union Bank
- Unity Bank
How to Send Ria Money Transfer to Nigeria
The following steps are what you need to take when sending money to someone in Nigeria from overseas using Ria:
- Visit Ria official website riamoneytransfer.com
- Register to send money by opening a free account on the website.
- In the response boxes provided, specify the amount you will like to send and where you will like to transfer the fund to.
- Next, select your preferred payment means for the transfer – debit card, credit card, or bank account.
- Confirm the transaction summary which indicate the exchange rate and fees that apply to your transfer.
- Input the recipient’s full name, email address, and phone number.
- Select the mode of delivery in which you will like the fund transfer to reach the recipient: cash deposit, cash pickup, or courier delivery – depending on the mode of delivery available in your recipient’s location in Nigeria.
- Finally, your transfer will be on its way to the recipient in Nigeria.
How to Receive Ria Money Transfer in Nigeria
If you will be receiving money through Ria money transfer in Nigeria, here are the steps to take
- Your sender should have given you the eleven-digit Ria reference code. If he or she hasn’t given you, contact them for it.
- You are to go to the bank with this Ria reference code. Banks that support Ria money transfer have been listed up there.
- You need to take along a means of identification. You can take along your National Identity Card, International Passport, Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC), or Driver’s License.
- Inside the bank, you will be required to fill a Ria money transfer form.
- After thorough scrutiny of the details provided in the form and your ID, you will receive the fund.
- The decision is now yours if you want the fund credited to your account (if you have any with the bank) or you want to collect it in cash.
Zenith Bank does not do Ria money transfer. As a Zenith Bank user, if you intend to send or receive money using Ria money transfer, you’ll have to use other banks or any Ria agent location around you. Zenith Bank support many other international money transfer agencies which you can check out by clicking on the first link above.