Baby walkers are one of the important baby products today, especially when it comes to easy mobility for babies and convenience for the parents. Baby walkers not only make it easier for kids to move around the room themselves with ease, it is also largely safe and well padded for their comfort.
In this post, we will take a look at various baby walkers available in Nigeria today and how much they go for in the current market.
How Much is a Baby Walker in Nigeria?
In Nigeria, a baby walker presently sells for anything between N10,000 and N70,000. The price depends on a number of factors such as brand, durability, features, versatility, and others. Below is a list of some baby walkers available in the Nigerian market and their prices as of the time of this writing (May 2021).
- LMV Baby Walker: N12, 000 – N18, 000
- Baby Trend Walker – N24, 000 – N28, 000
- Mastela Weeler Baby Ocean Explorer Walker: N23, 000 – N31, 000
- Redkite Go Around 2 in 1 Baby Walker: N24, 000 – N27, 000
- Graceland baby Walker: N18, 000 – N25, 000
- LMV 2 in 1 Baby Walker – N18, 000 – N22, 000
- Bright Start 3-Way Baby walker – N49, 000 – N60, 000
- Baby Einstein Baby Walker – N38, 000 – N43, 000
- Baby Alive Baby Activity Walker – N18, 000 – N22, 000
- Disney Music and Light Walker: N25, 000 – N28, 000
- Hauck Activity Baby Walker: N26, 000 – N30, 000
- Discovery Baby Walker: N25, 000 – N27, 000
- Universal Activity Baby Walker: N10, 000 – N15, 000
- Bravo Baby Walker: N25, 000 – N26, 000
- Yayaya Multifunctional Baby Walker – N28, 000 – N31, 000
- Safety First Baby Walker – N30, 000 – N42, 000
- Disney Unisex Walker: N24, 500 – N26, 000
- Graco Discovery Walker: N25,000 – N27, 500
- Safety First Walker: N25, 000 – N28, 000
- Universal Rain and Light Baby Walker: N20, 000 – N25, 000
Note that the baby walkers highlighted above are not the only ones available in the market. This post focuses on the most in-demand and sought-after brands and products. The prices as listed above are as gathered in the current market.
While we can guarantee the accuracy of the prices, we still implore readers and potential buyers to confirm the prices as prices could change drastically, especially with the inconsistency in the currency exchange rate. Other factors that can affect the variation in prices include the place of purchase and other related factors.
Baby walkers are readily available in various baby product stores across the country. They can also be purchased on online from various e-commerce channels.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Baby Walker
With lots of different baby walking products paving their way into the market every day, it is essential to consider some basic factors before picking a particular baby walker for your little one. While it is a known fact that most baby walkers in the market today are good and largely dependable, it is still essential to scrutinize the products given the fact that babies can be careless.
Here, we will take a look at basic factors to consider before selecting a baby walker for your babies.
- Safety – One of the most important factors to consider when buying a baby walker is safety. In fact, this should be the first factor you put in mind. There is a risk of accidents as some baby walkers can be loose. Sometimes, baby walkers allow your babies to move faster than they want, making them prone to accidents. It is always essential to pick walkers with a wide base that controls the movement of the walker, an anti-slipping pad, and a speed regulator. You should also consider other factors that contribute to the safety of the baby walker you are going for. You can read reviews about the walkers and check how safe they are.
- Weight – Another factor you should put in mind is the weight of your baby and the walker. While some are particularly light for easy mobility, some others are quite heavy. This makes it important to consider the weight of your baby against the weight of the walker. A weak walker will make it hard for your child to walk. It is advisable to go for one with a strong base.
- Height – When buying a baby walker, you should ensure that the porch the baby sits on is about the same height as the baby’s feet. If the walker has a lower or high height, it will most likely be uncomfortable and tiring for the baby.
- Comfort – While the main idea for baby walkers is to offer ease of moving around, it is also very important to consider the comfort of the baby. Check out the seats and be sure they are well-padded and soft enough for the baby to be comfortable in it. This will encourage the baby to want to stay in the walker, regardless of the number of hours.
- Brand – There are many brands that manufacture baby walkers today. While some of these brands have established themselves among the very best, some others are relatively unknown. Read about the brand you’re going for and check what people are saying about their products. With this, you will know what to expect from the brand.
There are many other factors to consider when buying a baby walker. Factors like the durability of the walker, entertainment features, and other similar features are also important. You should also consider your budget as baby walkers vary in prices.