Medium-sized generators are the best of both worlds — portability with tremendous power output, yet they are affordable.
And since the erratic power supply in Nigeria isn’t stopping anytime soon, they remain the most sought-after gen.
So this article gives you a drop-down of medium generator price in Nigeria –should you be looking forward to getting one.
We know you want quality, so we shortlisted the options to ONLY popular and trustworthy brands.
Medium Generator Price In Nigeria
Some of the portable gens are from prominent brands like Honda, Elepaq, Elemax, Lutian, Thermocool (TEC), Sumec Firman, Mikano, and Tiger.
Here are they:
1. Honda Medium Generators
|2.2KVA generator||₦70,000 to ₦135,000|
|EG5000 4.5KVA generators||₦240,000|
2. Thermocool Medium Generators
|6.75KVA Generator (Odogwu)||₦248,000 – ₦260,000|
|6.0 KVA Generator (Igwe)||₦185,000 – ₦230,000|
|5.0KVA Generator (Oga)||₦170,000 – ₦189,000|
|4.0KVA Generators (Big Boy)||₦140,000 – ₦150,000|
|3.0KVA Generator (Hustler)||₦75,000 – ₦85,000|
|2.0KVA Generator (Bobo)||₦66,500 – ₦95,000|
|1.0KVA Generator (Junior)||₦42,000 – ₦55,000|
3. Sumec Firman Medium Generators
|SPG950||₦14,000 – ₦17,000|
|SPG1800||₦40,000 – ₦60,000|
|SPG2500||₦47,000 – ₦75,000|
|2.5KVA||₦29,000 – ₦35,000|
|2.5KVA (key start)||₦65,000 – ₦85,000|
|Key start & wheels 2.5KVA||₦75,000 – ₦95,000|
|SPG3800 E2 2.8KVA||₦75,000 – ₦85,000|
|6.0KVA generators||₦107,000 – ₦120,000|
4. Hyundai Medium Generators
|9KVA Diesel Sound-Proof generators||₦1,500,000|
|15KVA Diesel Sound-Proof generators||₦1,900,000|
|4.5KVA Diesel generators||₦225,000|
|3.5KVA Diesel generators||₦165,000|
5. Elemax Medium Generators
6. Tiger Medium Generators
|Tiger TG950||₦19,000 to ₦25,000|
|Tiger TG2700 2KVA||₦42,000|
7. Yamaha Medium Generators
|Yamaha EF6600E 5.0KVA||₦250,000|
8. Diesel Medium Generators
|10KVA generators with soundproof||(₦1,750,000 – ₦3,000,000)|
|5KVA generators soundproof||(₦2,300,000 – ₦4,000,000)|
|5KVA generator with soundproof||(₦2,400,000 – ₦4,000,000)|
|20KVA generators soundproof||(₦1,500,000 – ₦4,200,000)|
|30KVA soundproof generators||(₦1,800,000 – ₦5,700,000)|
|40KVA soundproof generators||(₦2,300,000 – ₦7,950,000)|
|45KVA soundproof generators||(₦3,300,000 – ₦7,950,000)|
|60KVA soundproof generators||(from ₦2,600,000)|
|80KVA generators||(from ₦4,200,000)|
|100KVA soundproof generators||(from ₦5,000,000)|
|135KVA soundproof generators||(₦6,900,000 – ₦10,500,000)|
|150KVA soundproof generators||(from ₦7,500,000)|
|200KVA soundproof generators||(₦10,500,000 – ₦17,000,000)|
|250KVA soundproof generators||(₦11,700,000 – ₦20,700,000)|
|350KVA soundproof generators||(₦16,400,000 – ₦26,500,000)|
|500KVA basic generators||(₦21,600,000 – ₦50,700,000)|
|600 KVA basic generators||(₦29,000,000 – ₦55,000,000)|
|800 KVA basic generators||(₦41,000,000 – ₦80,000,000)|
|1500 KVA generators||(₦85,000,000 – ₦100,000,000)|
|1000 KVA soundproof generators||(₦57,000,000 – ₦80,000,000)|
|1250 KVA soundproof generators||(₦80,000,000 – 100,000,000)|
|2000 KVA generators||(₦100,000,000 – ₦150,000,000)|
Precautions When Using A Generator
If you end up getting the ideal medium generator, please be WARNED!!!
There are risks associated with using generators, such as carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, electric shock or electrocution, fire, and burns.
And every year, there are reported fatal incidents related to generator use.
So, to ensure your SAFETY and that of your family, there are specific preventive measures you MUST adhere to.
Plus, it will help keep your generator sane and adequately functioning state.
- Ground the generator properly to avoid unauthorized movement
- Do not turn on the generator with a wet hand
- NEVER levee the gen on unattended
- Have a fire extinguisher nearby in case of necessity
- Do not turn it on in an enclosed space, mainly indoors, to prevent carbon monoxide build-up
- Put off the generator before refueling in a well-ventilated area
- NEVER put on the generator with the load connected
- Do not let your gen shut down on its own
- Write down the serial number, you will need them when buying parts and for other future references
- Keep flammable material off from the gen’s sight
- Do not overload your generator with too many appliances.
- Do not put on the generator with no engine oil
- Change the engine oil as recommended by the manufacturer’s manual
- NEVER experiment with fuel and diesel in one tank. Always stick with what works for your gen.
- Do not make or answer phone calls when refueling your tank
- Call a mechanic for servicing once in a while
No doubt, all of these medium generators will serve your needs satisfactorily.
But if you want my recommendation, I have just five Portable Generators that are powerful and reliable options.
Millions of Nigerian homes are happy with less maintenance. And you, too, can.
They are Westinghouse WGen9500DF, Honda EU3000IS, Champion Power Equipment 200951, Westinghouse WGen3600DF, and Champion Power Equipment 100111.